Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Photoshop Tip of the Day

Have you ever seen a color you like on a webpage that you wish you could grab to use in Photoshop? I had that happen to me a million times and I never could exactly replicate the color until I learned this tip.

You will want to make Photoshop smaller so that you can see the color that you want but still have Photoshop open and in front. Select your eyedropper tool and hold it over the gray areas around the canvas in Photoshop. Next, hold down the left button of the mouse. Now you can move the eyedropper out of Photoshop and over the color that you want. Now let go of the mouse button and your color will be selected in Photoshop.

I find myself using this a ton. I hope it helps you out. I haven't tried this in PS Elements but I have a feeling it would work.

Jami

6 comments:

Callie Ann said...

thanks for the tip. Now if I only knew what to do with the freebie you have offered. I have photoshop PSC2...LOL have not a clue how to use it. Help

Jami said...

If you've never used Photoshop before I recommend on getting a beginner's photoshop book. There are also some great courses over at www.lynda.com.

Here's a website with some tutorials on how to get started with digital scrapbooking.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

very useful tip.

Heather Stokes said...

WOW - GREAT TIP - I wonder if this would work for PSP?
I usually have to do a screen print and then paste it into PSP to get my color....

Original GRITS said...

I tried doing this with PSP but it didn't work for me. And I was so hopeful! Guess I should change to Photoshop, huh? lol

Jami said...

Ah sorry it doesn't work with PSP. I have worked with it some and while it definitely does have some great aspects to it Photoshop really is a whole other world. It's a huge learning curve but through training sites like www.lynda.com and www.kelbytraining.com you can really get it down fast.